As digital channels evolve and grow, it is important for nonprofits to stay ahead of the curve and find new ways to engage with their donors and prospects.
A comprehensive SMS/MMS fundraising strategy can help your organization overcome challenges common to many nonprofits:
- Reaching donors is more difficult and expensive than ever.
- Engagement fades without consistent communications.
- Only about 40% of donors are retained annually.
- More engagement needed to balance fundraising requests.
Audience behaviors are changing but engagement and retention are persistent challenges. Texting provides an efficient engagement path. 78% of people indicate that text messaging is the best way to reach them.
So why add texting to your fundraising program?
- Superior ROI to social, digital, and even email
- According to M&R, adding text messaging to an existing fundraising program can increase the amount of revenue raised per person by 25-50%.
- Ensure your donors see your messages
- Text messaging achieves a 99% open rate (90%+ within 3 minutes of receipt).
- 4.5x higher click-thru-rate and 4x higher conversion rate than email.
What Is SMS/MMS?
There are two types of text messages: short message service (SMS) and multimedia messaging service (MMS).
- SMS is what we would consider standard texting. It is a text-only message of up to 160 characters.
- MMS has a wider range of features than MMS. It allows you to utilize a subject line, 5000 characters of text, and media content such as an image, GIF, video, etc.