While there is no such thing as a 100% conversion rate, NextGen provides strategy, technical support, and turn-key solutions to boost performance and improve donor experience. Our partnership with Fundraise Up ensures the fullest array of tools and integrations to best match your goals and personalize the donor experience.
As a nationwide service organization, Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) was founded to promote and support the full range of issues important to military families; change public perception of Vietnam veterans; and ensure our great nation’s veterans receive the rights, benefits, and protections earned through their service and sacrifice.
VVA’s website was limited to a single donation form with several friction points. Challenges included: multiple giving programs, long scroll, no gift array, missing monthly giving offer, and lacking donation confirmation. VVA was falling short of revenue goals–and online donor conversion was hampered by poor UX and inability to scale solutions.
NextGen saw the opportunity to optimize VVA’s fundraising tools and create a more robust donor experience. This upgrade helped streamline gift-processing and integrated across internal systems and databases.
We analyzed year-over-year performance, comparing 2021 to 2022 and results were striking:
- Benchmarks show an average online giving decline of 4%. VVA saw a 78% increase in revenue and a 52% increase in gift count.
- External economic pressure compounded the trend of fewer donors giving larger amounts. VVA increased average gift amounts from $28 to $72.
- Innovative AI options help personalize the donor experience, improve conversion rates, and increase gift averages. 52% of VVA supporters used the suggested donation amount.
- One-click-payments provide efficient conversion across channels and devices with digital wallet and automated payment options. VVA one-click payments grew from 0% to 15% of online gifts.
- Demographic behavior for older donors continues to evolve. 20% of VVA donations came through a mobile device and 81% of donors covered processing fees.